Every day the airlines have thousands of killer deals — from mistakenly published fares to special promotions deals to slashing prices to compete with another airline. Cheap fares are out there if you know how to find them. Today I will be sharing my top flight hacks to score the cheapest flights.
Use Incognito mode
- Use Incognito mode, to avoid cookies being stored on your computer, which allow airlines to see a multitude of details such as the dates you are looking to fly on, destinations and the number of passengers, It will then change the price of the flights you are viewing. When using Incognito mode, Cookies are not created so the airlines can’t spy on you 😉
Use Sky Scanner
- If you haven’t heard of Sky Scanner by now you must have been living under a rock, Over 60 million people use per month to score cheap flights. You can search by the cheapest destination and dates or by specific locations, Sky scanner will fetch you the cheapest possible flights.
- Be flexible with your destinations and travel dates, Airline ticket prices vary greatly depending on the day of the week, time of year, and upcoming holidays, such as Christmas, New Year’s Eve, Thanksgiving, or the Fourth of July. Prices in Europe will be most expensive during July-August, as most schools are off, Plan to travel in June or September instead to save extra on flight and accommodation expenses whilst avoiding noisy flights packed with screaming babies, kids kicking your seat and lots of tourists.
Fly Budget Airlines
- If you don`t mind about leg-space, Extra crappy food, Baggage restrictions, and no movies why not consider flying a budget airline such as Ryanair, Air Aisa, Tiger Air, Jet Star, Easyjet, Southwest and Scoot. These budget airlines air far from glamorous but can often save you hundreds which can be spent on a few more days abroad or some retail therapy but be aware they often have baggage restrictions, Remember to book and pay for any checked luggage. If you can get your bag through the strict restrictions on hand luggage, do it. Don’t chance it, if it doesn’t fit or weighs more than 10kg you will be charged a FORTUNE at the airport! If in doubt add it on in advance.
- If you are caught short at the airport, Put on the heaviest pair of shoes you have and tie your jumpers around your waist, This will reduce the weight and size of your carry on bag.
- Just be sure to watch out for hidden charges. That’s how they make money! Budget airlines sometimes charge fees for checked bags, carry-ons, printing your boarding pass and anything else they can get away with. Also, they often fly into and out of an airport outside the city at ungodly hours, Ensure there will be suitable transport at the airport and don’t forget to take this extra expenses into account, Sometimes flying budget airlines can work out more expensive than a more expensive airline.
Take a flight with a layover
- Flights with layovers are often cheaper than a direct flight, Not only can you save money but depending on the length of your layover and Visa requirements you can often go out and explore the city for a few hours, Airports such as Changi Airport in Singapore are absolutely amazing you would never get bored in the airport with its numerous free facilities and sights such as the new Jewel complex which features the worlds highest indoor waterfall, Maze and a giant bouncy net walk. It also gives out free $20 vouchers for use in the airport (Including certain Lounges) and free city walking tours.
It Doesn’t Pay to Wait
- Airline fares will continue to rise the closer you get to departure, but there is a sweet spot when the airlines begin to either lower or increase fares based on demand. Don’t wait until the last second but don’t book far, far in advance either. The best time to book your flight is around 6–8 weeks before your departure, or around three months before if you are going to your destination during their holiday seasons. Budget airlines often have seat sales every few weeks.
- As rare as they are they do happen and when they do you should pounce on them, You can even sometimes score First class or Business class seats for cheaper than an Economy seat price 🥂 , Usually, the Error Fares are fixed pretty quickly so use Airfare WatchDog to receive an email when an error price occurs.